Total Pageviews

Monday, January 31, 2011

Daire: Frenemies or Couple in the making?, Riana Thorpe v Chuck Bass, and Berena=Bad Idea

Gossip Girl- Monday January 31, 2011

Bravo Gossip Girl! You rebounded after last week's lack luster return.  I would have preferred if Daire at W Magazine lasted a little longer then half an episode and I am semi-shocked that Dan sabotaged Blaire, and am even more shocked that Blaire did a lot of dirty work to get this internship on her own! Bravo to 3 nights of camping out in Stefano's lobby and faxing her resume to over 300 fax machines in the building.  Did she really mention in her resume she's never worn a scrunchie? And do you think it was Blaire that poured her perfume in the boss lady's coffee?

On another note: Eric and Damien? Weird! And sad! Although Damien is kind of hot in a bad boy sort of way. 

As for the other young Van der Woodsen, there are more fish in the sea.  Serena- why do you need to have the guy that's been behind bars ultimately because of you for the last three years? Is it because she's never been rejected and he is just another conquest?  Jail has definitely made Ben rough... and the end of the episode is scary! And Damien using Eric to stay safe(?) or as a decoy is just plain mean!! Serena, just get it through your head that Berena is a bad idea!

Now I thought I didn't like Riana but the fact that she may be sleezier then Chuck and the female equivalent of a womanizer- a manizer if you will- is pretty kinky! As far as the dad hiring Nate's dad, that will definitely be bad dad news! Cheesiest line of the night goes to Nate's dad, "I'd rather live in a half way house then live with someone that only half trusts me..." I think Nate's dad can leave the show and maybe Jenny circa season 1 or 2 should come back- not to be confused with the other Jenny that wears the weird braided extension down to her hips with scary goth eye makeup....

Not really missing Vanessa? Anyone else? Is she going to come back? Do we care?

Daire (Blaire + Dan) have grown from frenemies, to friends with sexual tension, to ruthless interns at W, to frenemies, and now back to a potential Daire in bed???  This is juicy and I love it love it love it! What will Chuck think or will he be too busy with Miss Thorpe or just waiting at her door while she finishes with her previous customer?

Alright to wrap this up-- honorable mentions of the night:
-Serena's dress at the W party- wowzers!
-Blaire's hot pink shorts (already checked Twitter and W Mag tweeted they are from Organic by John Patrick). I want I want I want! And after seeing on twitter, I google'd Blaire's pink shorts Organic by John Patrick and low and behold check it out:
http://coolspotters.com/clothing/organic-by-john-patrick-high-waisted-shorts.
And omg the best part is that I just found them on sale at Barneys from $395.00 marked down to $159! Okay also to be noted, that my husband, who loves Wolford stockings (on woman.... don't worry!) said at the end, "I loved how Blaire wore those pink shorts with Wolford stockings.. they are kind of like the ones I got you." I said are you sure she had stockings on? Giovanni- you are right - the internet just proved it!  Yes you heard me, I said "You are right!"
 Giovanni- PS- if you are reading this, I just bought myself the shorts... I couldn't resist.... So if you don't know what you are getting me for V-Day yet, these are pink like roses :)

.... now back to tonight's episode.....

-What was Rufus thinking giving Ben a key to his loft? And Ben is going to be Dan's roomate? Weird! Scary! Bad news!
-Lilly needs to stop being the Devil and get it together!  Bribing Damien with cash after your kids already hate you for being a conniving sneaky face-saving secret-hider crazy woman was not the best idea!
-Missing Chuck Bass even though he's back on my Monday nights... he just is NOT getting enough screen time for me! Producers- give me more Chuck Bass!


xoxoxo,
Gossip Girl (Lauren)

PS- I'm really seeming to love blogging about TV.... does this mean TV is more interesting then my life? Hmm in general I would say no.... but maybe just Gossip Girl is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment