Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Customer Experience Expands into the Medical Field: Spa Environment, Customer Survey, and FLOWERS!

February 16, 2011

I am always pleasantly surprised by a great customer experience!  My first visit a few weeks ago to Dr. Gallardo and Lamos was quite enjoyable- I mean as enjoyable as an appointment can be when your mouth and gums are being prodded at and you are told just how little insurance will cover.... But in all seriousness, the waiting room was serenely decorated with soothing colors, a subtle yet fragrant scent, and candles. I was offered water, coffee, or tea upon my arrival.  When I chose water, I had the option of cold or room temperature.  While I was waiting in the chair for the Periodontist to arrive, i watched the news on the flat screen TV.  The doctor greeted me kindly and did a mini interview with me, such as what do I like about my smile or not like, my favorite foods, etc... It was kind of cheesey but in a funny ice breaker kind of way. I also got a survey via email to fill out about my first visit experience, which I quickly filled out with positive feedback. 

The other really cool thing this office does is they email and text appointment reminders! Way better then a phone call or having to return a VM! So simple yet so genius!

After the initial exam was done, I met the doctor in the conference room where I was presented with a few different options.  We decided together on the best option, which included considering what was medically necessary and costs.  By the time I left my appointment, I had my surgery scheduled, my prescriptions written, and was totally in the loop with the gum grafts I would be getting- different from Boston in the fact that they would be using donor gums instead of having to take the gums from the roof of my mouth to sewn onto the receding area.  And they would be knocking me out.  All making for a less invasive procedure and a less traumatizing experience and better healing!

I had to take some pill yesterday morning an hour before the surgery, which made me loopy and relaxed.  I remember being sort of in and out of sleep during the surgery but Giovanni said they told him I was out cold and I was just remembering before I drifted off and then when they woke me up.  Once I got home, I slept most of the afternoon and so far the pain isn't bad at all. 

Today I was back at work and I got a call from my front desk that I had a delivery while I was at work for flowers.  I got home and there was a beautiful bouquet from the doctors "wishing me a speedy recovery."  Talk about a great customer experience!!




xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment